fanpop's got talent FGT MASCOT 2010

Cinders posted on May 04, 2010 at 02:06AM
Last year, we had link, who graciously advertised for us.

Herb link and showcased his link, link link. And despite link at last year's Fanpop's Got Talent event, Herb is still lonely. Plus, the wife wants him at home more often, so he needs someone to help him out this year.

That's where you come in, my fine FGT mascot recruiters! I want you to go out there and find the coolest creature on the planet (after Herb) that can be our mascot this year! So submit your suggestions below!

First step - Narrow down the species! Right now, we need to narrow down our search. What species is our next mascot? Voting will occur in one week, or when we have a sufficient number of entries.

fanpop's got talent 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago huddysmacked said…
So I introduce link

Wait it should have been without a name right? *facepalm* I'll go edit the article. Or can it stay named as Betty?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Cinders said…
Hm, well, I was goin' back and forth on that. I think you can keep the name, but we'll just have "giraffe" in the pick. Then, if giraffe is chosen, we can name her/him, and "Betty" will be an option.

Others can sell animals with names if they want, too.

EDIT: OR, we could just propose full characters, and vote on CHARACTERS. So, if someone wants to do a giraffe with a different name and story, they can. What do you think of that?
over a year ago huddysmacked said…
I really like both options but the second one seems more interesting to me :)

Anyways I'm ok with the first one too, maybe they like the animal but not the name so they can pick it. Both seem fair to me.
over a year ago oblix said…
i like Betty as a name for a Giraffe, and i like the idea of naming our pets...i mean characters.

I'm preparing work for my character at the moment, i've been refering to him as 'Mr Monkey poo' currently.
over a year ago Olivine said…
smile
I introduce link

I introduce [url=http://www.fanpop.com/spots/fanpops-got-talent/articles/55242/title/harmony-red-pand
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
monkey
I like both of these animal choices so far... especially since they lend themselves to creating texts (spots and stripes) so I'm good to go with the flow.

Just a thought.. but how about we adopt the monkey emote as the offical animal and name him, then we have him all over the place advertising and maybe (if we beg and plead) we can get the Fanpop Four to do or add something to the emote for a week. Thoughts?
over a year ago germany123 said…
monkey
oooooh you think they would? they have been awfully absent lately....
monkey
I think it's possible. If we take him/her and use him all over the place in icons (fanpop, facebook, livejournal, etc) it's almost like free advertising for Fanpop (maybe a Fanpop logo over his head and FGT 2010 below?).

We could actually make about 10 icon bases with him, Fanpop logo, and FGT 2010 in multiple colors and then put them up as bases so users can add their name. I could open a forum for it and everyone can put up which color base they would like and the name they want on it and those of us with the time and the program can slap them together. I think we would need a fair amount of participants but it could be done.
*makes completely irrelevant comment.*

Katie, I haven't seen you on Fanpop for so long I forgot what you sounded like in text-form. Now I have your real voice conflicting with how I used to read your text-voice. Curses!

</irrelevant comment>

Fanpop could possible make an extra FGT icon, but I doubt we could use it on other sites. Of course, us fans could make some awesome fan art for our 2010 logo and post THAT on other sites, be it a monkey or something else.
monkey
See Cinders, I'm back!

We can probably make a version of the monkey face that could work, the same with simple shapes and whatnot but not the same one and I'm thinking along the lines of icons, sort of like what we did we The Scoobies.

Also, it can be ANYTHING, I was mearly picking a current emote.
NEW PLAN!

I will prop everyone who makes a mascot article!

(And yes, Harmony and Betty's agents will both get their dues!)

Wait... is that not link, to bribe people with props? Or does that only apply in the "RATE MAH STUF I GIVE U PROPZ" situation? If it's for a good cause...? like the success of the 2010 Fanpoppies...? Yes? It's OK?

*Looks out for Fanpop police.*
I think you're in the clear Cinders... you aren't rewarding randomness but effort.

I say we take this moral highground.
over a year ago Paramore-CSI said…
after school today I will introduce ____ the hippo*thinks of name*
over a year ago oblix said…
I wanted to collect everyone together so here are all of the competitors.

link
link
link
link
over a year ago germany123 said…
yay..when will we pick?
PARAMORE-CSI WHERE IS YOUR HIPPO?

(I never thought I'd have to say that)
over a year ago catfan9 said…
heart
This is Pop the Puppy. He is very talented. This picture shows her balancing a bone on her nose.
 This is Pop the Puppy. He is very talented. This picture shows her balancing a bone on her nose.
over a year ago lashley411 said…
heart
meet cassie.
 meet cassie.
over a year ago lashley411 said…
monkey
Or my turtles leonardo ,micheal angelo.
 Or my turtles leonardo ,micheal angelo.
MASCOT SUGGESTIONS ARE CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING. PICK WILL BE MADE TOMORROW MORNING.
By the way, catfan9 - that is adorable.
Also, one submission for customer. Considering I don't want to be sued by whoever owns TNMT, I'm going to go with your first suggestion.
over a year ago xflow said…
HERE IS OUR NEW MASCOT. HIS NAME IS FROGGY THE FANTASTIC FANPOPER!!! HE IS A SKILLED DANCER
 HERE IS OUR NEW MASCOT. HIS NAME IS FROGGY THE FANTASTIC FANPOPER!!! HE IS A SKILLED DANCER
So sorry. Thanks for your enthusiasm, but we extended the deadline for submitting mascots already, and it was a week ago. Also, the pick closes in two days, and it's unlikely there will be many more voters in that time.

Anyways, thanks so much. Try again next year!