cachorros What is/are the name(s) of your dog(s) and why?

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Jun 15, 2007 at 05:59PM
Sorry for the strange title. I have two dogs:

- Tilly - (♀) - Named by my mother, so I had no say, and do not know why, my great grandmother on her side had a dog named Tilly though, so maybe that's where it came from.

- Dot(ty)- (♀)- Named so because she is a jack russel cross breed, and has one large spot on either side of her. Also has a strange jaw, so always appears to be smiling.

I also had:

Toby/Tobias - (♂) - Named by me when I was younger and it was the name of the character in a book I was reading, so I chose that name. I love the name Tobias even now.
save

cachorros 46 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago megloveskyle said…
Bosco- weenie dog,named from a seinfeld episode, born during hurricane Katrina and suffered several health problems in the beginning.

Dottie- weenie, dog named because of her dots, is a full size imbred dachshund, deaf, adopted her at 6 months from a rescue shelter no one wanted a deaf dog.
They are like me children!!!
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
That's really cruel that no-one else wanted Dottie simply because she was deaf. Good thing you did adopt her. :)
over a year ago pattle said…
Buddy - Thats what the rescue shelter had named him,, very good name i think :D

Benson - My dad named him, and no, he doesent smoke. :P
over a year ago HelloElo said…
Eglantine, her former mistress called her like this... she's name out of a flower... so romantic
it means Wild rose...
over a year ago megloveskyle said…
That is such a cool name!
over a year ago ali22 said…
I have an all black German Shepard named Dexter. My kids named him after the cartoon Dexter's Laboratory.
over a year ago sugarcookie said…
Mocha (who has unfortunately passed away, but I thought I'd metion her anyway) Mix of mostly Lab and Golden Retriver. I think she was named so because she was a "mocha" color.

Fiona a Bison Friese, I did not name her my grandmother did. But I think, for a Bison, Fiona is a pretty good name.
over a year ago tomkatnan said…
Kelsey, after Kelsey Grammer and McKenna, my grandmother's maiden name.
over a year ago tinydancer said…
My boxer dog is named Fhiann, which is the Irish word for Warrior. My brother named him after our first dog (a rotweiler) who was called Warrior, but as both myself have Irish names, he wanted the puppy to have one too! Its great, cos he'll never get his name mixed up with another dog's! (not that he responds to his name all the time, he has selective hearing my dog, worse than a child!) :)
over a year ago dlyteful said…
Rico-he's a long hair chihuahua. I wanted him to have a Mexican name since chihuahua originate from Chihuahua, Mexico. I went to a website of Mexican names and wrote down about 5 I liked. Asked Mom, Dad, Brother and Best Friend whether they liked or disliked each name. Rico was the only name they all like and as soon as I called him, Rico he ran over to me.
:-)
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
My dog's name is Zip because when he comes in the house from outside he runs around the dining room table very quickly.
over a year ago sigridurkatrin said…
Bína - she is a westie and when I was little I was called Bína
over a year ago sunsweetheart39 said…
My dog is a mixed breed. She's mainly a black lab with some greyhound in her. Her name is Maddie because, well, we liked that name. She does, however, have the middle name Jet because of how fast she can run. (Which trust me, is VERY fast!) :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Zerstoren said…
My Border collie is named bandit because he looks like he's got a mask :)
over a year ago Nav said…
Hey Zenstoren - Border Collie, like mine! They're the cutest, aren't they? The smartest, also.. :)

My dog's name (and it's totally my "fault") is Shahar, which in Hebrew means dawn. He's black and white, and in Hebrew that works well (Shahor + Lavan => Shahar). You'll just have to trust me :)
over a year ago ceesau05 said…
Tom- from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer...she's a girl though :D

Coco- shes got this patch of brown fur near her butt!:D
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Buffy - She just looked like a Vampire slayer ;)
over a year ago daitheflu4u said…
Lucy Diamond- Beatles song

Originally when I first got her my boyfriend named her Envy. His mother and I really werent too keen on the name and we both liked the name Lucy instead, so he agreed on it.
over a year ago Krevetka16 said…
I have a bolognese dog, and I named him Gorf. It's frog backwards. Its original, plus it sounds cute ;)
over a year ago Serienjunkie91 said…
My yorkie is named Cherry because Jerry the mouse was the first animal that popped into my head as I searched for a name and because the way it's written is boring I used the cherry one. LOL.

I know it's weird. ^^
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
I have a Papillon named Hobbes, from my favorite comic of all time, 'Calvin and Hobbes'
over a year ago I_Luv_HK said…
I have a westie-poo called angel. I think i called her angel cuz she is as snowy as an angel.(if i was to call her by her behavior i would have to call her Pestie or DEVIL!!! =~]
over a year ago Katreader said…
I named my dog Barrett, after Syd Barrett. My older dog, who died last summer was Brioche-named because her fur was the golden melted butter color of a brioche.
over a year ago boba said…
I named my dog Oscar, he is a grey Schnauzer-He is very silent and cute if u sit next to him he will sleep on u XD.
over a year ago Rattiemommy said…
Kye, becauseit suits him lol. Tara had her name already when rescued as did Tyson.
over a year ago zarnitev said…
Mine is called Fransisco, I didn't get to name him because he already had one when I bought him.
over a year ago 4CraveEnergyCom said…
Buddy-just seemed to fit

Ace-kid was really into poker at the time
over a year ago katie89 said…
Libby is my dachsund. It just seemed to fit her.

Dixie is my labradoodle(lab-standard poodle). We live in the south so it was a cute name for her.

We used ro have a pug named Cosmo, after Cosmo Kramer off of Seinfeld:-)
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Lucky(male)- coz i like that name and on that day i was very 'lucky' to get him.

Spike- coz the first thing that came to my mind was spike from Tom and Jerry. o_O.
over a year ago dlrblount said…
Ruby is a cocker spaniel mix that we got at the SPCA. She is liver & cream colored. She was 2 when we got her and we've had her for 10 yrs now. Don't know how or why she got the name but thought it was cute so we kept it.
over a year ago adavila said…
my dog died but he was a rottweiler and I called him CHAPO because he looked very tough and theres a FBI most wanted mexican drug dealer nicknamed Chapo Guzman lol
over a year ago Berni said…
My Border Collie x is called Zac-Zacary it means the lord has remembered.He is a resque dog who was badly treated by his previous owner.I feel this name is well suited to him because the lord remembered he needed a new home with people who care.Our previous dog also Border Collie x was called Toby-Tobias wich means the lord is good.
over a year ago mrs-mindfreak said…
Jake (Shih Tzu) (♂) - My dad named him and I had no say, i was sooo upset! :( it turns out that he named him that after a character in a Stephen King book... obviously as soon as he told me that i ran to read it XD it turns out, i LOVE the character and now i love the name!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mrshouse62689 said…
Jake (Tri-color Beagle): It's from Sweet Home Alabama. :-]

Bentley (Lemon & White Pointer mix): Me and my brother were watching CMT right after he got a puppy, and a Dierks Bentley video came on. So I suggested Bentley and my brother went with it. :-]

Scooby (Blue Merle Australian Cattledog mix): We got him 7 years ago when my brother and sister were still really into Scooby Doo, so this was a no-brainer.

Lacie (Maltese-Yorkie mix): My mother got a puppy from the same place a friend of ours got one, and our friend named hers Gracie...so my mom thought it would be cute to name her puppy Lacie.

The only other dog we ever had was Sparky, a black Lab mix. We had him for 13 years and my mom said her and my dad named him that because when he was a puppy he had a "sparky" personality.
over a year ago MISAforever said…
my dog's called Sparkie!!!! Because he's the sparkle of my life!!!
over a year ago IEatChildren said…
I have a rough collie, and German shepherd mix named Cassie. We got her from one of those adoption things, and her name was Laurel, but since my sister's name is Lauren she would come everytime my mom called my sister, so we changed her name to Cassie.
over a year ago Servial said…
Loco,because his official name was Locomotion. Here a pic of him. I love him,he has a great personality.
 Loco,because his official name was Locomotion. Here a pic of him. I amor him,he has a great personali
over a year ago LucidDreamer said…
I have a purebred short-haired maltese named Shasta.I named her after Shasta from Air Buddies. ^_^
over a year ago vivian2 said…
kiss
brody- dont know why we got him from the pound.
over a year ago wetts2 said…
smirk
scooby, he is half wenner dog half somthing els i named him scoooby because when i got him i was 8 and i liked the show scooby do and he looks a bit like it

pinto,pinto the spanish name for paint or spots this dog is a chiwawa when he was born he was just white back then he cost a lot so i had to wait till he cost less when the months went by he got spots and then i bought him and i named hin pinto could of named him spots but i liked pinto better
over a year ago 18wanda said…
I just thought Milly sounded cute for an aussie.
over a year ago caligurl16 said…
kiss
My dog is named Nala becuase when she was a puppy she reminded us of Nala from Lion King! Shes a bull mastiff
My other dog Wallie cuz my granny likes the move Wall-E, hes a poodle/weiner dog mix
My old dog was named Bear cuz when he was a puppy I actually thought he was a bear! He was a chow/lab mix and jet black
And my other dog was named B.W. cuz he was black and white
<3
over a year ago aceofspader said…
Spot (male) because he's a dalmation... don't blame me for the uncreative name, the humane society named him.

Rocky (male). His original name was Horde but my mom hated it and unlike Spot, we could change his name because he's just a puppy and doesn't know his name yet. His name is Rocky because it's cute.
over a year ago Rach31 said…
Jackie - she's an Australian cattle dog x kelpie. Her original name was Fosters....

Bart - as in Simpson. He's a bordie collie x staffy.
over a year ago cutiebaby1 said…
smile
my dog's name is star because i think she is my little star
over a year ago ilovepenguins said…
smile
My dog name is Osito(which is spainsh for Bear) my mom named him that because he looks like a little baby bear and she only speaks spainsh