Awww Oh, Snap! Quiz Retro Silly Whoa Yum
The Definitive Ranking of Lyrics from The Little Mermaid
, and let’s face it in one way or another, you did, the amazing songs from the movie are part of your DNA. You hum “Part of That World” without realizing and you know that in French “poisson” means “fish,” without ever taking French–or before you ever took French. Today we’re attempting to do the impossible: rank the lyrics from the songs from
. We realize that this is going to be controversial and we invite you to disagree with us. But first, our list:
12. ♫ Aquata! Andrina! Arista! Atina! Adella! Allana! ♫
A simple list of names? No, friends. This is a lyric of alliterative and plot-furthering genius.
11. ♫ Things are working out according to my ultimate design. Soon I’ll have that little mermaid and the ocean will be mine! ♫
This one is just really, really fun to sing while we’re looking in the mirror.
10. ♫ I’ll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue, and it hey to the starboard heave ho! ♫
Yes! There’s nothing like a bit of seaside serenading from a sailor. And this song is so whimsically melodic, the toe-tapping is almost instant.
9. ♫ I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see ‘em dancing! ♫
Iconic. There are no other words to describe this lyric.
8. ♫ Sha la la la float along and listen to the song, the song say kiss the girl. ♫
7. ♫ Beluga sevruga come winds of the Caspian Sea! Larengix glaucitis et max larengitis, la voce to me! ♫
Weaving a fake magical spell into the lyrics of a tune can’t be easy, and yet Howard Ashman has done it.
6. ♫ The seaweed is always greener is somebody’s lake. You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake. ♫
A metaphor for the ages set to a groovin’ beat. Who could ask for anything more?
We love that Ashman had to actually write “hee hee hee!” as a lyric; that’s mostly why this makes the list.
4. ♫ There you see her, sitting there across the way. She don’t got a lot to say, but there’s something about her. ♫
3. ♫ I admit that in the past I’ve been a nasty. They weren’t kidding when they called me, well, a witch. ♫
YES TO THIS. Yes to every moment of “Poor Unfortunate Souls” but mostly yes to this.
2. ♫ What do they got, a lot of sand? We got a hot crustacean band! ♫
Great point. This lyric made us disdainful of sand and in want of a shrimp playing the flute. Thanks,
1. ♫ Where would we walk? Where would we run? If we could stay all day in the sun? Just you and me, and I could be, part of your world! ♫
The ultimate lyric. It communicates both Ariel’s longing to be with Eric and our longing for something more. And the melody is beautiful. And Ariel sings it while shrouded in golden light.
Messes That Could Use a Little Disney Magic
What It’s Like Dropping Your Phone Into Water, As Told...
What Would Disney Characters’ Big Hero 6 Nicknames Be?
9 Disney Guys Who Just Want You to Have a Good Morning
The New Tomorrowland Trailer Raises Way More Questions Than it Answers
9 Disney Moments That Will Make You Believe You CAN Even
Proof That Celebrities Love Disney Magic as Much as We Do
Quiz: What Level Fan of The Lion King Are You?
We Tested the new Disney Side App And the Results were Magical
Hear Lily James & Helena Bonham Carter Sing Classic Cinderella Songs
quiz: the most princessy disney princess trivia ever
quiz: can you guess which disney character is the odd one out?
quiz: guess the disney movie from the really bad synopsis
quiz: which disney leading lady shares your style?
disney dogs ranked from cute to cutest
huge sweepstakes opportunity: enter to live like cinderella at walt disney world
© Disney. All Rights Reserved. Disney Lifestyle