buffy, a caça-vampiros Buffy Remake 2012..

H2o_James posted on Jul 26, 2009 at 03:00AM
Yes or no? reason?

I think im in the middle its a horrible idea not having anyone from the buffy show tht made it popular, but i will still watch it just because i love buffy so much. And when i do see it im not going to be looking at like Buffy the vampire slayer ill be looking at it like Fanfiction Buffy

buffy, a caça-vampiros 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago HaveFaithh said…
hmmm
I'm in the middle to, I don't think it's going to be as good as the series without all of the characters in, but I still wanna see it.
Just the thought of someone else being Buffy, Xander, Willow and Giles is just wrong, do you think it'll just be Buffy in the remake ?
over a year ago Mermaid-Tail said…
sad
It will definetly just be Buffy in the remake, none of the shows characters will be in it. The people doing the movie are doing it without Joss Whedon's permission. Joss created the show, so because they are doing it without asking for his permission they are not legally aloud to use any character he created except Buffy.

That's one reason I wont watch. To use his character without his permission is slimey. They have basically admited they are only doing it for the money, they have no respect for Joss, the show or the fans. I agree with H20_James, that I look at this like a fanfic too. I still definetly wont go to see it though. I'm not helping them make money off stealing and ruining someone else's character, plus I know how these people make movies and they are really bad at it. I love Buffy too much to reward people for insulting it like this. Sigh, this really annoys me, I'll have to stop ranting now or I'll go on all night.
over a year ago H2o_James said…
well they have legal permission to use character like willow and wat not because they we produces of te show and movie are they no and its not a remake its a whole different movie completely not like the one they did back in wat 1992?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Mermaid-Tail said…
Actually they do not have the legal rights to characters like Willow. Being a producer doesn't automatically give you rights to the characters, they only have the rights to Buffy due to the movie, because for the movie to get made Joss had to let them have some power over Buffy, but they had no creative influence in the TV show so are not allowed to use the show's characters. In fact, it's because of the rights they got from the movie that they were called producers on the show, they were not typical producers since they had no creative influence on the show, they just got money and producer credits because they own some rights to Buffy. They are not legally allowed to use anyone from the TV show but Buffy without Joss' permission because they have no legal rights to anyone but Buffy (they admitted that themselves), and since they did not ask him they can't use any of them but Buffy.

I knew it wasn't a remake of the first movie, it's a reboot, but they are still bad filmmakers, so in my opinion it will be even worse than the original movie because Joss isn't there to reign in their lack of talent.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago slayerette2124 said…
I've decided that if it does come out, and if what I've heard about no Whedon, Gellar, or story from the show is true, that I will not acknowledge it as canon.

What I've seen on the various web sites is that it will be a remake of the first movie, with options on a franchise. There are several problems with this.

First of all, remakes are generally inferior films, and the first movie SUCKED. There, I said it. It was a catalyst for a great show, but the first movie was just... lame. So we'll have an inferior version of a film that sucked the first time around anyway.

Secondly, the reason the show worked where the movie didn't was because it was character driven. I loved the show, but if it had JUST been about Buffy fighting vampires, I probably would have lost interest midway through the second season (as most others would have as well). It was the combination of Buffy, Xander, Willow, Cordelia, Oz, Angel, Anya (loves me some Anya), Giles, and all the other memorable main and supporting characters that made the show lovable for me. It created a tapestry that was enjoyable to watch.

Without said tapestry of wonderful, lovable characters you are left with what you had with the first theatrical release. A big steaming pile of crap. Sure, this remake is probably going to have a huge FX budget, and lots of teeny-bopper stars such as the ones you see on Twilight and Vampire Diaries, but without the characters that made the series such as the ones mentioned above, who cares? I don't understand why they are even bothering to call it 'Buffy' at all. That's not going to endear fans to it; it's just going to piss them off.

So, in short, Generica the Vampire Slayer (my nickname for the upcoming remake) is MOST EMPHATICALLY NOT on my must see list. It's not even on my "I'll go see it if someone else pays for the ticket", or even my "I'll see if I can find it on surfthechannel or fastpasstv" list. It doesn't exist in my world. Period.

over a year ago TheBigBad said…
sad
When I first heard they were gonna remake Buffy, I was so happy. But then when I was told it wasn't going to include any of the series' actors, I just felt like going Dark Willow on those dumb producers. But what can you expect when they're being influenced by the First Evil: Money! It's just ridiculous that something so awesome is going to be made less of...
over a year ago mikethecat said…
i hope so
over a year ago stonerchicaf91 said…
damn, i didnt even know they were planning on doing a remake. without the original cast and on top of that any of the caracters from the show, the idea almost makes me sick but the way i see it hopefully it will keep buffy alive
over a year ago Goddess_Nyx97 said…
angry
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­!! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?!
over a year ago GemonkDruid said…
Whoamygods no. >.< DX

Ha, but the world is going to end in 2012, so...
over a year ago pkeati01 said…
There will not be A xander or willow or anything that was good in the show, I'm not saying it will be bad, but it wont be the BTVS we love
over a year ago missgordo said…
zzz
I'm really not looking forward to it. They have the rights to the original terrible movie, not the tv series, and look what happened last time they tried...I mean it might be a good movie in itself, but in context to the epicness that is the tv show, I don't think it'll get anywhere. No Joss?! None of the actors we love so much?! No Spike, Willow, Angel, Giles or Xander - the only thing the same will be the Buffy character, and the vampires. Sure, it will be much better visual effects, but that means nothing; they're just making it for the teeny bopper twilight generation who think vampires were made to worry and sparkle. Sorry, I'll stop with the rant xD
over a year ago Bangel1998 said…
Absolutely stupid to make a film of a series which is the remake of another film :/ I know that the future movie is going to suck, that's why I won't watch it..
I so damn hope that in this new film vampires won't sparkle at least!!!
over a year ago Bangel1998 said…
big smile
@GemonkDruid ahahah now I understand why the world is going to end!! Maya people saw how the remake will be xD
over a year ago JossIsBoss2010 said…
I am hopeful, but without Joss, i have a gut feeling that it will fail. However,i can't help but wish that it will succeed.
over a year ago pucks-girl26 said…
I'm all for it!!
ONLY IF THEY HAVE ALL THE ORIGINAL CAST AND CREW!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Faegirl92 said…
This is the first I've heard of it but personally if they were going to make a movie of Buffy I'd prefer they do it as a wrap up for both shows make it about the end of days apocalypse and only if they can get all the same charachters and all the same actors playing them but I wouldn't object if they were to remake both the series with the same actors and fix mistakes such as the horror that was the return of Darla the birth of Connor and the horror of Dawn also wouldn't hurt to keep Angel and cordelia from ever becoming a couple blech I hate all the aforementioned events if you couldn't tell. but if they couldn't do it with everyone the same as in the series than they shouldn't even attempt it.
over a year ago whedonfan976 said…
surprise
i am with goddess! why remake something that was done so well! it will just leave a bad taste in some people's mouth!
over a year ago CallinMeBlondie said…
crying
First of all...this movie must be a sign of the apocalypse. lol
Second of all, all the characters are not going to be in it. Not just the actors...THE CHARACTERS. This can't even be called a remake, because their is no SCOOBIES. Wasn't a that a message in Buffy: She survived because she had friends to help her.

Oh god. This movie makes me sick. I can't even ...
over a year ago LG194 said…
angry
AHH this makes me angry. Like everyone has said, without Joss or any of the original cast it is NOT Buffy in any way, shape or form. They could at least try and come up with an original idea, like just a story of a vampire slayer, but even then... They could of even made it about say, one of the potentials and made references to the original characters or something like that.
This is just going to enrage all the buffy fans and open the idea of buffy to a whole new generation who have no idea of the original series, and if it fails, it would lead people to think that anything with reference to buffy sucks. Which would also kill any REAL come back of a movie with joss and the cast, which means that there is a definate possibility that there will never be any..this makes me sad..so many fans have been hopeing for a come back for years..but this..ugh..
It also kinda makes me think that they are just doing this as a money spinner..jumping on the band wagon to try and suck in twlight and true blood fans..and the vampire diaries i suppose..there is just far far far to many shows about vampires and werewolves and stuff these days. Not to mention the fact twlight makes reference to buffy in lots of ways..girl from a broken family moves to a small town where she falls in love with a 100 year old vampire who doesnt drink human blood, they cant sleep with each other cuz it will lead to something bad and then figures from the vampires past come back and try to kill the girl...hello buffy, angel with spike and dru tagging along..
also, trying to make it darker and creepy just is not buffy..its a ridiculous idea..itl just anger fans, kill any real come back and bring in a whole bunch of new fans who have no idea what buffy is even about...ugh...i could rant about this all night..if they had all the original cast, crew and Joss, im there but this..just NOOO!!!
over a year ago Vampgirl12 said…
angry
What will they call it?? -I mean Fluffy The Vampire Slayer! Or what??
over a year ago LissaFan said…
I agree I don't think that they should remake buffy, but I think it might be interesting if they (involving Joss) when onto another current slayer(not faith or kenedy or any of those slayers we've already met a completly new one.) and told her story. What do you guys think? Do you reckon that would work?
over a year ago pompeybabe said…
meh
No way! Not without Joss, Sarah, Aly, Nick, Tony etc! If anybody else were to play these characters...Im just gonna say that it would ruin my perseption of them as they would be totally different like in the Season 8 Comics. They would sound, look, and act differently :(

Also, I don't want this movie to ruin the reputation of Buffy because if it fails to take anything in at the box office, its gonna be 1992 all over again, and whenever you speak of Buffy their gonna think of the crappy little movie that the cast didnt wanna do because they knew it wouldnt work.

I also feel sorry for the cast. They left their characters in 2003 for good reasons. Sarah Michelle Gellar said that the show went out on top, at its best and I believe that they should leave it there. Im pretty sure that anybody else playing these beloved characters would'nt do a good job. Im sorry if that sounds a little fan girly and stroppy but thats how I feel on the subject.
over a year ago DamianLUVR said…
hmmm
if the original cast isn't gonna be in it... i can guarantee i'm not watching it. Especially since spike won't be in it. I do miss Buffy, and im kinda tempted to see it... but i'd probably be furious at the end of it..