buffy, a caça-vampiros Buffy Battle Royal

J-C posted on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:38PM
~The official thread for Buffy battles~

What do here is come up with VS matches and debate for whoever you think will win.

*The Rules*

This is not a poll, or favorites thread. Use actual feats to back up your case. Avoid using one word answers. For example, if a match was Buffy vs Angel, don't just say "Buffy". Give proof, explain! Use logic and reasoning in your responses.
Make fair matches. We don't need to see Glory vs Joyce.
Remember to stay on topic as this is a battle thread. There are plenty of other threads out there for Buffy talk.

*Stay friendly, and be civil towards one another. Admit when you are wrong, there's no shame in that.

*If you want to go further and make things more detailed other than just A vs B, you can come up with a senerio, weapons involved, location, morals, prep time, etc.

*@ reply to whoever you are debating with to make it easier to know who's talking to who.

*All trolls, haters, flamers, fanboy/girls will be slayed.

If any one has any questions or other ideas to add, feel free to share them.

buffy, a caça-vampiros 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago rach918 said…
Sounds fun! Let's start off simple.

Angel vs. Spike
over a year ago J-C said…
@rach Thanks, I hope this is a successful idea. :)

This is a close match. Both are vamps with the same strength set. Angel has more experience being older, but Spike has killed two Slayers in the past. I find Spike more ruthless in fights, and IIRC he beat him in Season 5. I'm siding with him.
I agree. How great was that fight scene. :)
Glory vs. Adam
last edited over a year ago
@rach I really appreciate the participation but let's see if anyone else wants to try the first battle before we make more. :)
over a year ago Gachnar said…
Angel vs. Spike: It depends on Angel´s motivation. Has Spike his soul or is he evil? Angel has his doubts so he is weaker if he fights with good Spike. He hasn´t killed slayers but he has won many battles. I´m not sure if Spike would have survived fights with The Beast or Jasmine for example. Spike has won the last one but he isn´t way better and can´t defeat him again and again. This time I would bet on Angel.
@Gachnar Spike has survived battles with Glory (Who's a lot more powerful than The Beast) and has exchanged blows/held his own against Buffy many times. I can see Angel getting a few wins in, but Spike 7/10 times.

Ok for Glory vs Adam: Glorificus. She kills Adam by punching out his Uranium power core. She's more than fast and strong enough to do this and Adam has no way of hurting her.
J-C: Spike has survived battles with Glory but he was quickly knocked unconscious or captured. He didn´t stand a chance. Xander has survived these battles as well but it doesn´t make him better fighter than Angel. Angel-Spike 50:50 (or maybe 55:45 because Spike has won the last fight) and Angel-Evil Spike 75:25.
Adam vs. Glory: Adam can hurt Glory. He can use some initiative weapons because she is vulnerable to lightning (her fight with Willow in Tough Love). We can see these weapons in The Yoko Factor and Primeval for example. She is vulnerable to steel (or silver?) because she defends herself when Willow sends levitating knives against her. And maybe she is vulnerable to fire or grenades as well, we don´t know it. Adam can hurt her and kill Ben. I am with Adam.
@Gachnar My point about Spike surviving those battles was because you mentioned he wouldn't be able to survive the Beast and Jasmine which he can just as well as Angel. Glory is stronger than those two. Oh and Angel is better than Angelus, he's beat him before IIRC.

Adam vs Glory:
No. Willow's lighting is magical, we have no indication that any initiative weapon would harm her. And Wilow's lightning is magic and is much more powerful. Also her lighting did harm her, but it did no lasting damage.
What do you mean with the steel? Glory blocked those knives with ease, they did nothing to her.

Glory has been dropped from orbit, hit with a truck, smashed with a wreaking ball, shot, had a building collapse on her, none of this did any damage to her. I just don't see how Adam wins when she has super speed, greater durability and strength.
Spike didn´t survived these battles because he was strong. Glory simply didn´t want to kill him yet:) Angelus is better when he fights good characters because he hasn´t Angel´s doubts.
Adam vs. Glory: Lightning is lightning, spell or not - it doesn´t metter. We have no indication that the initiative weapons wouldn´t work. We have no indication that the spell lightning is different from weapons lightning. And Willow´s lightning works for too short time, this is why it didn´t do serious damage. But Adam can use many of these weapons. And the steel: yeah, Glory blocked the knives, but she had to defend herself. It means that the knives COULD hurt her=steel could hurt her. She wouldn´t defend herself if not. She would have simply ignored the knives and would have attacked Willow.
Plus Adam has better minions and technology. If the fight won´t happen immediately, he can hide, watch his enemy and then simply kill Ben. He is smart and isn´t a human, he wouldn´t forget her secret. His behaviour is similar in season 4.
over a year ago buffyl0v3r44 said…
this is sort of a confusing game but it looks fun so I hope it's ok if I join, Glory would totally kick Adam's butt! she's a god and he's a mixture of demon parts he's lame and she's awesome! and she's way stronger!
how about Darla vs. Drusilla
I think Darla would win because she's older so therefor stronger!
@Gachnar: We know the lighting is different because it is magic, there weapons are not. Either way it cannot put her down. Other steel weapons haven't hurt her, like the crossbow.
His minions are not involved in the match and Glory has minions too.

Darla vs Drusilla:
Drusilla. She's bagged a slayer. She could use her hypnosis on Darla then strike.

@Buffyl0v3r44: What is confusing about it? Too many matches going on maybe? Let me know if you need any help. :)