big time rush BTR Going Green

BTRHomage posted on Apr 23, 2011 at 06:28PM
I really do like Big Time Rush. The show is extremely funny, well-acted, and the songs are terrific. I DVR it whenever I can.

Now, here's the but............But I'm tired of Nickelodeon and Disney shoving "Going Green" in my face all the time. The Big Time Rush going green episode was really lame and shows what hypocrites Hollywood is when it comes to environmentalism. Last night's episode recommended that we hang dry our laundry instead of using a dryer. They also promoted the use of bicycles instead of automobiles in an effort to reduce emissions. Fair enough. I think all this goes overboard, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. But doesn't one of the songs from BTR begin with the phrase "Do you want to.........ride in a big limousine"? Am I to believe that the producers and writers ride bicycles to work and hang dry their laundry? On the contrary, I'll bet their 'carbon footprint' and use of energy is enormous compared to mine. Why is Hollywood constantly trying to tell me how 'enlightened' they are and how stupid we are for not obeying them? They're all just hypocrites! I'll bet they all drive gas guzzling SUVs at the least, and more likely, ride in big limos. Yet, they want to tell us lowly people how we are abusing the planet. Give me a break! I will always love BTR and still love the show, but this preaching by Nick and Disney is getting tiresome. Maybe, just maybe, if I see all these Hollywood types living the way they preach, then I'll change my mind. In the meantime, Nick and Disney, just entertain us and stop trying to tell us how smarter you are than we. I for one, know better!

big time rush No replies