23 Awe-Inspiring Quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Quotes are a perfect way to share human experiences. No matter who you are, or where you’re from, we can all take something away from these eloquent messages. Here are some awe-inspiring quotes from the universally acclaimed American animated television series,
1. The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.
2. Revenge is like a two-headed rat-viper. While you watch your enemy go down, you’re being poisoned yourself.
5. Its time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big questions:
6. It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale.
7. Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.
8. There’s nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life, and why.
9. You think you’re any different from me, or your friends, or this tree? If you listen hard enough, you can hear every living thing breathing together. You can feel everything growing. We’re all living together, even if most folks don’t act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.
10. Without you, all my plans are suddenly possible. I have a vision for the future, Roku.
– Firelord Sozin’s last words to Avatar Roku, and the beginning of the 100-year war
12. I guess you just don’t know people as well as you think you do. You miscalculated. I love Zuko… more than I fear you.
– Mai confronting Princess Azula and essentially committing treason
like me. It was like I didn’t even have my own name. I joined the circus because I was scared of spending the rest of my life as part of a matched set. At least I’m different now. Circus freak is a compliment!
14. No matter how things seem to change. Never forget who you are.
– Ursa’s last words to her son, Prince Zuko.
15. It’s because they haven’t made up their minds. They’re waiting to see how this ends. I can see your whole history in your eyes. You were born with nothing so you’ve had to struggle, and connive, and claw your way to power. But true power, the divine right to rule, is something you’re born with. The fact is, they don’t which one of us is going to be sitting on that throne and which one is going to be bowing down. But I know. And you know.
16. You will learn respect. And suffering will be your teacher.
17. Destiny? What would a boy know of destiny? If a fish lives its whole life in this river, does he know the river’s destiny? No! Only that it runs on and on out of his control. He may follow where it flows, but he cannot see the end. He cannot imagine the ocean.
18. Tui and La, the moon and ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other. Push and Pull. Life and Death. Good and Evil. Yin and Yang.
19. You think you’re the first person to believe their war was justified?! Countless others before you have come here, seeking weapons, weaknesses or battle strategies!
20. I’m gonna tell you something crazy. I never told this to anyone before. But
, I’m not sure I can remember what my mother looked like. It really seems like my whole life Katara’s been the one looking out for me. She’s always been the one that’s here. And
when I try to remember my mom, Katara’s face is the only face I can picture.
21. You have indeed felt a great loss. But love is a form of energy, and it swirls all around us. The Air Nomads’ love for you has not left this world. It is still inside of your heart, and is reborn in the form of new love.
22. The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided.
23. Growing up, we were taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history and somehow, the war was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was! The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don’t see our greatness – they hate us! And we deserve it. We’ve created an era of fear in the world. And if we don’t want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.
– Prince Zuko, confronting his father, Firelord Ozai
Got an Avatar: The Last Airbender quote you like that I didn’t mention? Let me know in the comments!
Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite television shows of all time, and it influences a lot of my writing.
Don’t forget – May’s Free Giveaway happens on the last Monday of the month, May 26th!
Tagged: Aang, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Free Giveaway, Nickelodeon, Quotes
“Is it your own destiny? Or is it a destiny that someone else has tried to force on you?” -Iroh (Book 2 earth, ep 18)
Good one, Ian B! That whole conversation in Lake Laogai is inspired (goes along with #5 on this post). Thanks for sharing
“Harsh words won’t solve problems, action will.” – Aang
“You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength”
Everything is Connected: Legend of Korra, Legend of Aang
Luke Schepers on 23 Awe-Inspiring Quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Lori on 23 Awe-Inspiring Quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender
merkel on Predictions for Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance