Atheism What would you do if solid evidence was found that God does exist?

yesterdaysjam posted on Nov 18, 2012 at 01:52PM
Suppose you're an atheist or agnostic: what if real, solid evidence was found in favor of the existence of God... What would you do?
 Suppose you're an atheist or agnostic: what if real, solid evidence was found in favor of the existen

Atheism 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I am an Atheist, so I don't need to do no supposen'...

Depends which god it is. But I guess regardless I wouldn't change much about myself. Worship and prayer and sacrificing goats or virgins aren't my style. I don't agree with them morally, and the presence of any deity wouldn't change that. But yeah, it really depends on which god it was, if it was even proven to be a god that we have conceptualised of anway.
over a year ago yesterdaysjam said…
Yep, good point - if evidence for a God was found, that would open up a whole new can of worms. I can just imagine all the different religions saying "it's our God", "no! it's ours", it's Jesus!, it's Alla!, it's Ganesha!, it's Satan!!

If I was "God," I'd put my signature on the protons of all atoms :-)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago coriann said…
lol, good one yesterday, but i don't think the cross on the protons are jesus' work, i used to be christian yes, but today, i don't believe so, it's just, the story of the bible (while being very descriptive, detailed and...somewhat consistent) sounds to me like nothing more than a piece of ancient history and mythology wrapped up into one, i mean you have to ask yourself if this piece of work can really be trusted, i definitely think, well, i'll just go outright and say i think there were flaws, many of them, so i would be quite surprised if the deity turned out to be any of the gods which we posses today, at least not *fully* to me all the major religions seem very connected so it's either "god" wasn't giving us the correct story or we got our stories from a common source. even so, it would mean that god was either non-existent or extremely laissez faire, i would be mad at him for the way he runs things either way, and for the ideas he let us believe, and the knowledge he didn't share, but then there stands to reason that i "don't question god" and even so, the randomness of the universe suggests that he does very little to intervene, but in the end there being a god means that i have to comply to his all knowing (stuck up) will, because of a supposed "hell" :P honestly though, if there wasn't a hell i doubt i would give a fuck what this "god" tries to make me do, unless it's something i know is the right thing which i would already try to do since, you know, i have something called...a conscience? and if he makes me do it forceabley then i guess this guy wouldn't be the bible god of free will, in the end he's like a father who...let's see, doesn't answer questions, does things in his..."perfect will" aka he does whatever he feels like and lets us sit around and kill each other, i think it's time to call the adoption agency folks! XD