posted by chngeyuratitude
I found this episode OK
What worked for me:
* The Druids yay continuity well kinda
* I loved the discussion between Merlin & Gauis. Gaius'reaction to Merlin aiding Julius
* The scene between Merlin & Julius in the tomb of Ashkenar (unsure of the spelling)
* Brilliant cinematography
*Little Aithusa and Kilgarra being a family
* One thing I will say was it was good to see the estrela of the show and who the show is named after, have his moments alone, and the focus was on him alone and not he and Arthur.
What didn't work for me
* Arthurs pants and the wresting in the Council Chambers - Servant wresting with a King - well say no mais and I won't say anymore especially after people went on about Gwen asking for permission to speak in front of the Council and they were calling her all kinds of names
* Arthur's Chambers - well we know why that was included - wonder how many scenes were cut from this episode to keep this scene, just seems strange that Merlin could use magic to get keys when he has been locked in the dungeon, but couldn't use magic in Arthurs chambers
* The Druids can do all sorts of wonderful things but they couldn't feel Julius come down the rope in the middle of them, and opening a box whilst they were sleeping
* Arthur & the Knights good at the beginning of the quest but then it just fell away, you sort of asked the pergunta "why were they there again?"
* It seems everybody's growing except Merlin in this episode, to me he was like season 1 Merlin in some scenes, giving Julius the key against Gaius' wishes then having to redeem himself - reset button to me
* Colin morgan was great as usual
* James Callis amor his voice especially the confrontation with Merlin
* Richard Wilson - for some reason I loved him in this episode
Someone may be able to tell me why the Druids said this to Merlin "Only when the way ahead seems impossible would you have found it",
was it for this episode in finding the tomb, or is it for a future episode.
I must admit (if it's addressed) It will become interesting because Morgana is determined to look for Emrys, the Druids & Mordred knows who Emrys is, the Druids & Mordred hid Morgana, hmmm very interesting indeed.
Shallow note Bradley going through the waterfall, we all know why that was put in, pity we couldn't see each of them coming through the waterfall. Just sayin'