Almost Famous Almost Famous favorito frases

kathiria82 posted on Aug 22, 2007 at 09:48PM
Okay guys, lets help our favorite Almost Famous quotes be remembered forever! Well, choose any quote you just love and state why you love it so much or why it was so memorable to you. People can choose the same quotes because we all have are own reasons for liking them so much.

I'll start with this one:

Penny Lane: Look - you should be happy for me. You don't know what he says to me in private. Maybe it is love - as much as it can be...

Why it was memorable: It was so sad to see how naive she was because so many girls are like that. I wish I could hug her and be strong for her.

Almost Famous 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tinydancer said…
Oh there is just too many.... I'll probably end up posting a comment a day here cos I'll think up of a new quote everyday!

Oh this is random actually, not everyone will get this. But my favorite quote and my favorite part of the whole film is actually from the Untitled version, and the original script which I had read many times before I saw the director's cut. Its when Penny and William go to the Riot House to meet Stillwater and in the theatrical version it happens just after Penny says "I need ice" and Russell follows her into the room and then all you see is her coat covering the window? Well the part that has been cut out is probably my favorite quote/scene from the whole movie so here goes....

"The ice machine makes new cubes with a grinding noise. Penny
puts ice in her glass. Behind her, Russell moves into frame,
hands delicately riding the sides of her body. A motorcycle
roars by, just outside the door, as Penny moves away from
Russell's exploring hands.

PENNY
(with real indignation)
How does it end?

RUSSELL
What?

PENNY
You know - the story about the girl
who dumps the guy who has an ex-ex
wife -- the one we don't talk about --
and gets a hundred... okay, five letters
from him, and then doesn't even leave
a pass in San Diego. Wake up! I'm
retired and I never believed you anyway.
You're too talented and too good-looking
to be trusted and everybody knows it.

RUSSELL
(smiling, loves it)
You're retired like Frank Sinatra is
retired.

She makes a scoffing noise. He moves to the ice machine, with
a glass of his own.

RUSSELL (cont'd)
Miss Penny Lane. Let me tell you what
rock and Roll will miss the day you
truly retire.

He tosses cubes in his glass, one by one. After the first cube:

RUSSELL (cont'd)
The way you turn a hotel room into a
home.
(cube)
The way you pick up strays wherever
you go. Like Pied Piper.
(cube)
The way you know the words to every
song. Every song. Especially the bad
ones. Mostly the bad ones.
(cube)
That green coat in the middle of summer.
(cube)
The real name you won't reveal.
(cube)
And. I'd keep going, but my glass if
full.

PENNY
(quietly)
Damn. "

Just love this so much, I think it really shows much more of Penny and Russell's relationship... And Myra, I like to think that this is the moment she's talking about when she tells William he doesnt know what he says to her in private. :)

More quotes to follow I am sure! :)

over a year ago kathiria82 said…
That was awesome, I never knew that, so yeah I think you are right, you Almost Famous freak! :P

Okay here's one I just found, short but sweet:

Penny Lane: How old are you?
William Miller: Eighteen.
Penny Lane: Me too! How old are we really?
William Miller: Seventeen.
Penny Lane: Me too!
William Miller: Actually, I'm sixteen.
Penny Lane: Me too. Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different.
William Miller: I'm fifteen.

LMAO, I just found it by accident but it was pretty funny and it made me really like her, okay your quote was definitely better. :)
over a year ago FindingxDisco said…
I agree...I could never pick a favorite quote. It's all so amazing. But one I really like is when they are riding the bus and in the middle of everyone singing 'Tiny Dancer':

William:I have to go home
(Penny waves her hand)
Penny: You are home

Just writing it down doesn't do it justice...I just love that entire scene, but those are the only lines. But there are so many other great lines too!

I love this movie
over a year ago tinydancer said…
Myra, yes I am an Almost Famous freak... Its crazy how much I remember/know about that film... I wish I could find/upload that scene for those who havent seen it, its so great! Also love that quote you mentioned. Most of my friends think that she's saying that she is 16, but I just think she was saying that to make William tell her his age? What dya think?

Another of my favorites: (although I couldnt find it in the script so it may not be 100% accurate)

Penny - I always tell the girls, never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonley, you can just go to the record store and visit your friends.

If only it were that simple :)

over a year ago kathiria82 said…
Well yea I think she just wanted William to tell her is real age and she was also in a way flirting or trying to be nice by agreeing with him, who knows.

I found the quote and you are scarily accurate, here it is:

Penny Lane: I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

And you are right because it's not that simple not to get invested in someone or trying to deny your feelings. Some people have to be in love to know how hard it is to let go of a relationship even if he is not worth it. :)

Okay here is my next one, this was a random selection, lmao:

Polexia Aphrodisia: Do you have any pot?
William Miller: No. I'm a *journalist*.
Polexia Aphrodisia: Well, go do your job then. You're on the road, man. It's all happening! Get in there. Go talk to 'em!

I liked it because even though I'm an "angel", the way she spoke to him was something like how I would. She is not afraid to be herself and has no reservations for who she is. Awesome!
over a year ago brandyjules said…
all time fav s penny telling william u r home
over a year ago msbliss said…
Sooooooooooo many but for me and my life the one quote that explains it all is when William asks Russel what he loves about Music? "WELL TO BEGIN WITH EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG", at the moment of hearing that I felt that I was finally understood in life as that one statement sums up my entire obsession with Music especially Rock music Im a woman Possessed. And I like every character in Almost Famous have been misunderstood and left alone as no one understands my passion and absolute obsession with music (and omg im as bad with Almost Famous lol), they tell me its a problem and that I should really become an adult and stop listening to Led Zepplin and start listening to Harry Conner Jnr neverrrrrrr I refuse to conform and I refuse to hide my passion for music, and I have lost people sure but u know what for every a**hole that leaves I find another person who is as passionate about music as I am!
So the best quote in any movie for me will always be "TO BEGIN WITH EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG"
Tanya xxx
over a year ago leela88 said…
"It's All Happening"

Do you have any last words....
"I'm on Drugs"

<3 <3 <3 this movie!!
over a year ago impennylane said…
i love all of these and i have seen both versions and i'm reading the scrip right now i'm 10 and my moms favorite movie is almost famous one of her birthday she got the uncut version me and my 17 year old sister grow up watching that movie i now all of the best quotes i think i should have that title of Almost Famous freak but that is your call any how this is my fav quote

“I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, you can just go to the record store and visit your friends." -penny lane