First off, I'm going to make this very clear: Since it's obvious that not everyone on this spot likes this sort of music, the value of the songs is up for debate. Therefore, I am going to base this review not on my opinion of the songs, but rather the arrangement of the CD.
Here is the track listing for the Hot Topic Exclusive version:
1. Alice - Avril Lavigne
2. The Poison - The All-American Rejects
3. The Technicolor Phase - Owl City
4. Her Name is Alice - Shinedown
5. Painting flores - All Time Low
6. Where's My angel - Metro Station
7. Strange - Tokio Hotel & Kerli
8. Follow Me Down 3OH!3 & Neon Hitch
9. Very Good conselhos - Robert Smith
10. In Transit - Mark Hoppus & Pete Wentz
11. Welcome to Mystery - Plain White T's
12. chá Party - Kerli
13. The lagosta Quadrille - Franz Ferdinand
14. Always Running Out of Time - Motion City Soundtrack
15. Fell Down a Hole - Wolfmother
16. White Rabbit - Grace Potter And The Nocturnals Bonus Tracks
17. Sea What We Seas - Never Shout Never
18. Topsy Turvy - Family Force5
18. Extreme - Valora
As far as track mixing goes, it's a good CD. Ths songs fit together on their own. There's enough of a balance between fast and slow(er) songs.
The baffling bit is what some of these songs have to do with Alice in Wonderland
. It's rather obvious how tracks like 'Fell Down a Hole,' 'Her Name is Alice,' and 'The lagosta Quadrille' fit in with the story, but I can't figure out a few of the others. What does 'Where is My Angel' have to do with the movie? Or how about 'Always Running Out of Time'? Personally, I like Valora's 'Extreme,' but I have absolutely no clue how it relates to Alice and her troubles.
The irony lies in Owl City's song. 'Technicolor Phase' wasn't written especially for this CD, but its lyrics seem to fit the movie better than most of the others.
The no geral, global theme is achieved. Sort of. With maybe the exception of 'Extreme,' the songs contribute to the magical/otherworldly theme.
Rating: 4/5. If you can find some relation between Valora and Alice in Wonderland
, tell me.