A Clockwork laranja Back in days when

Oldmoviequeen posted on May 19, 2009 at 07:40PM
hey,
I am a massive fan of a clockwork orange and was just wondering what you guys though about it being banned?
Do you think that the film is so violent and can be seen to be offensive that it deserved the ban.
Or do you think it was because the government was too scared that it may cause a mass rebellion?

A Clockwork laranja 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago smilesalot said…
laugh
Well, me being fifteen (the lovely age of Alex might I add ;) ) Before I read/watched it, I was extremely wary becasue of all the posts online about how dangerous the story is, and how inappropriate people would say the book was for people especially younger readers like me. However, it seemed quirky and I love quirky so I decided to take a chance and read it anway, which I'm glad I did because I LOVED it. I am against banning of any book/movie no matter how violent or unacceptable it may be, however I think that when A book is banned it only causes it to be more widely read/watched, so I actually do like the fact it's banned. The film isn't violent when you compare it to something like Saw, so I'm not really sure why people freak out about the violence so much, I think it's actually one of the funniest black comedies I've ever seen, and I don't understand why many people don't catch the wonderfully skillful humor that is in it. I'm not sure overall what the gonvernment was thinking when they placed the ban on it, but I do suspect that it was because of the danger it poses to impressionable minds, considering it did cause some kids to commit acts of "ultraviolence* in the real world. Overall though, I love the story with a passion, and I can handle it just fine so I don't think it deserves the ban. It's a great story. I love it soo much.

Viddy well my brothers, viddy well.